Tuesday 17 February 2015

Getting Into Paper Cutting?

You know when your just scrolling through your Facebook feed and businesses pop up on there because your friends have liked them or there sponsored, well one day I came across 'Paper Panda' a woman who does some pretty amazing paper cutting! Honestly, check her out. 

Ive always been a bit crafty since I was little and I love intricate things and attention to detail, do you remember those foil engraving/stencily picture things? I would always get them for my birthday or xmas as I loved them! 
So I looked on her website and noticed she did a beginners pack so I asked Nath to get me it for xmas :) It included everything I needed to get started with paper cutting even a practice sheet so I wasn't jumping in at the deep end! (Think I need 6 more of these before I do a full A4 sheet one!) As it has a VERY sharp blade within the pack it is for over 18's only.

I'm not going to lie its definitely harder than what I thought it was going to be!


As you can see I started with the lines at the top, oh dear!
Then the circles, bird and stars. Stars are my best friend haha, whether its because I'd got better at paper cutting or they are the easiest I don't know haha.
You cut on the opposite side of paper then flip it when your finished so it looks a bit neater. Like I said it was hard but I did enjoy it, I'll complete the whole kit and you can follow me on my paper cutting journey! I definitely recommend you having a go at this if its what your into and you get a nice sense of accomplishment when you finish a shape haha.

What crafty projects do you like doing?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. ooh this sounds fun!! looks hard though! i may try it out :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/believe-in-yourself.html xx

    ReplyDelete